Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friday Missouri Mill run

Started out with me claiming, 5 ten week old beagle puppies , 1 tiny female chihuahua , 1 female poodle , 1 female Peke , 2 OLD Maltese, from a list of 370 dogs that were being pulled out of some mills. I got to the pick up point and no beagle puppies , seems they were not beagles as the miller stated , they were beagle hound mix and enormous already , so they were not picked up.

Got my little chihuahua , she is so terrified that she is hiding in the house somewhere, she will be on the "night crew" for quite some time I am sure.

We shaved the poodles dreadlocks and lo and behold , we found balls.

Only one OLD Maltese showed up on the transport. She is a little doll.

I was asked to take 2 pregnant Lhasa Apso's as they did not want them traveling all the way to Ohio. One is actualy a Shih-Tzu and she barked the entire 2 1/2 hour drive home , little did I know she was in labor , I just figured she was scared like some of them are. She had 3 babies less than 4 hours after we got home. Two girls and a boy , the
little boy has passed away. He screamed and screamed and screamed and no matter what we did he would not eat or poop/pee. Then I noticed that his belly was red , from internal bleeding. Momma kept kicking him out of the nest.

The other pregnant one
decided to spend her first night outside , we quite cold when I fetched her the next morning. Is now my best friend , so we are a-ok. We do not know how far along this one is , so another surprise in the wings.






No comments:

Post a Comment