Saturday, October 3, 2009

why are my adoption fees are so high?????????

I received an email this morning asking me why my adoption fees are so high. I charge $200 for adults , $100 for seniors and $300 for a puppy, IF we ever have any puppies. And if we do get puppies there is something wrong with them that we have to pay to get fixed.

These charges do not even begin to cover the outgo. I spent $22,249.42 this last license year (10/01/08-09/30/09) on dog food and Vet care. Not including my $250 license fee to clean up after the State of Nebraska. I am donated a lot of dog food by dog food companies and I have the best Vet in the world for giving me a break on Vet care. I am very frugal when buying what I need for the dogs. I beg off every dog product maker.
Or I would have spent twice that amount, very easily.

The cost to vet one dog that has no health issues , (spay/neuter, dental , shots and heart worm test) is $150.00. Some of the dogs here cost me well over that. Murphy cost $830.00 , Cheri has cost me $285.00 , Casper is up to $300.00 now and we are not done yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment