Saturday, October 31, 2009

A tribute to Hilda/Tasha


On Wednesday 03/11/2009 I was notified of 7 Pekes in Osceola animal control. I volunteered to take them.

Its 5 hours one way so I called Julie to fetch them and meet me in Saint Joe. Julie called me from the shelter , there is a 10 year old Pregnant Lhasa here can you take her.

She knew I would before she called me, I said yes bring her along. like I needed another dog , but I was not going to leave her there.

I got home with them late Thursday night. Friday AM I notice that she is dripping clear slime. I ran her to the Vet and he checked her over and determined it was not PYO and said he could feel a pup in there.

She went home with a good friend for some much needed pampering. Late this Wednesday night (03/25/2009) I get an email that Hilda is bleeding like a dog in heat and she is skinnier now than she was. But she was play bowing and happy and not seeming sick or anything. Thursday AM I call the Vet and he wants to see her. I grab Hilda from the friends house after work and fly to the vet with her.

Friday AM Vet calls me and says , he x-rayed her and he can see skeletons , but what he feels on palpitation is not right its to hard and well just not right. I told him to spay her then , as she is just to OLD to be doing this.

Saturday 7:30 AM , call from doc.... He has opened her up and she has a massive tumor in her uterus, birth canal and all around her bladder , there is skeletal remains in the tumor. He can't spay her as the tumor is all in her uterus and around her bladder and we can't take her bladder out. What do i want him to do he says? In other words should he put her down or not. I ask him is she in any pain , no he said , she has not exhibited any pain while there. So I told him to sew her back up and I would fetch her and she will live like a queen to her dying day , how ever short a time that may be, right here with us... She does deserve to have SOME of her life not suck the big one , like the first 10 years did in a cage having babies for the GREEDERS.

04/03/2009 - Hilda is feeling much better and likes to go outside and walk around.

10/31/2009 - Hilda is still here , happy as a pig in slop. Enjoying her freedom , the sunshine , food and fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment